What impact did our 2017/18 School Council have on the school?
- They ordered recycling bins for the school, a project started with last year's school council. We are now filling a recycling bin every fortnight and they have raised the awareness of recycling across the school!
- They have been involved with Christmas arrangements and decorated the entrance hall.
- They liaised with our kitchen to ensure there were tasty treats for all pupils at the Christmas lunch, including those with an intolerance or allergy. Those with dairy intolerances were particularly pleased to be offered a Christmas biscuit rather than the usual piece of fruit.
- They requested that all classes have advent calendars to ensure fairness across the school.
- They helped launch our new vision! They were responsible for promoting it within class and ensuring their classmates understood what it meant.
- They met with the Chair of Governors who asked School ouncil to complete a self evaluation of the school with their peers. Outcomes of this self evaluation can be read below.
- They audited the outdoor playtime equipment and helped choose new items! The pupils are very pleased with the new equipment and it has helped encourage more physical exercise at lunchtime.
- They asked our site manager for a new bench to replace a damaged one on the Key Stage 2 playground. This is an important area for pupils as they like to gather and sit together.
- They represented our school at a local event attended by Prince Charles.
- They ran a stall at the Summer Fete to raise awareness of the importance of recycling.
- They reviewed lunch menus with their peers and let the kitchen team know what they liked and disliked in preparation for the new autumn menu!